Hi, my name is grb55! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is grb55!

grb55
grb55 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all just a note to say I have waited 18 months to get a pain clinic appointment, just got letter saying appointment in September at 9am and I live 60 miles from hospital .i have chronic pain all the time back and legs ,also have tinnitus,also have vertigo.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @grb55 Pleased to meet you. I am sure all the community can identify with your situation.

Thank you for sharing. I personally remember this myself. To have appointments either early morning and a long way from my home.

Have you had a look on our posts and threads on . Might interest you.  Dealing with chronic pain.  Also talking about specific conditions.

Information and advice from our community.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @grb55 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    Did I get this right? That you've been waiting 18 months for a pain clinic appointment, and that not only have they finally come through with an appointment that is still some three months away but they've given it to you at a ridiculously early time? The mind boggles.
    If the source of the letter is a hospital, you could try ringing them and explaining about the problems you would have attending. The NHS still manages to be helpful at times.
    Don't hesitate to be in touch with us about anything.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.