Information about electric trikes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information about electric trikes

Options
Aitch
Aitch Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm looking for information about electric trikes and was wondering if anybody had any advice before I buy. Any information would be gratefully received, thanks, Harry.

Comments

• miss_hollymay
    miss_hollymay Community member Posts: 8 Courageous
    Options
    Hi apologies I might be getting confused. What kind of trike are you thinking of? 
    Holly 
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Aitch

welcome to the community.

By electric trike I'm assuming that you mean a three wheeled bicycle with electric motor assist as opposed to a three wheeled mobility scooter. The sort of thing that is sold by https://jorviktricycles.com/ as well as many other retailers. 
    What do you need to know about electric trikes?

Best Wishes
    Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Aitch, first thing how much do you want to spend or are you claiming enhanced mobility on PIP? What ever you are to go to a mobility shop Center for a viewing and try. Or maybe a home visit can be arranged. There are some very good second hand scooters about sold by dealers and privately.  Ask yourself what do I want to and where will I use it, will I use just on pavements or semi off road. Does it need to be portable go in car boot., storage , charging point in garage or in the garden ect. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.