Dwp withdraw appeal at upper tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp withdraw appeal at upper tribunal

dodo76
dodo76 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hi guys 
I am just wondering if there are any of you who have been told that the dwp are intening on withdrawing their right to appeal at the upper level tribunal 
As my partner as been told that the dwp sent a letter dated 17 th of may to the court stating that their plan to withdraw their right to appeal but as yet have not done anything any help on this issue would be helpful 
We have been doing battle for just short of 2 yrs now 
Many thanks 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

The DWP has lost a number of appeals and withdrawn others.

As a result DWP are having to review many existing claimants.

I would just wait for formal notification that the appeal has been withdrawn.

It is good news that DWP are being very careful what they wish for.

Keep us informed.

Best wishes
  • dodo76
    Atlas46 
    We just wish we knew were we stood with the dwp its 14 months since we won at the first court hearing after 8 months wait to get there from winning its been nithing but stress mind games delays you name it we have had to deal with it so its back to waiting game again i will update when we have news 
    Many thanks for your advice xx
  • dodo76
    Just a up date 
    As of today we are still dont know were we stand as regaurds if the dwp have actually sent the tribunal court the paper work saying they have pulled their right to apeal at the upperl level 
    They have 7 days left , its actally 6 weeks since they wrote and said were intening to pull it so its just a case of waiting again 
    soon as i have any news i will post 
    Just wondering if there is anyone else in the same vote as us or as been  would be nice to hear their out come 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.