Post appeal win — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post appeal win

ataloss2018
ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
It is 2 weeks since my wife's appeal where the original decision to decline her PIP was overturned by the tribunal, aware that the DWP have 28 days to appeal but believe they rarely do.

Just wondering how long is it before they usually get in touch either by phone or letter, is it best just to leave things be and let them make the first step or is it better to ring them and chase things up, mainly to ask if they've received the tribunals decision and when will the award be put in place.  Thanks. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ataloss2018, really pleased the decision was overturned for your wife!

From what others have said, it seems that the DWP usually take around 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment, although I know others have chosen to follow this up themselves. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    If you chase them up it may put your mind at ease and you wil know how you stand financially from a future date. Or bide your time and have a nice surprise when the brown envelope drops through the letter box. If you know you have won its up to you. Very happy and pleased for you both.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi at also

I would give the PIP helpline a call.  You can then track the claim, once you have been given a timescale.

The DWP works in mysterious ways (putting it kindly) !

Well done on having your claim reviewed.

It gives others in our communty encouragemet.
  • claireyb
    claireyb Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    My husband had his decision over turned. He was told he would be awarded enhanced rate for mobility and care at tribunal. However, the DWP requested a statement of reasons from the courts, this took several weeks, then several more weeks for the DWP to process. The DWP went with the tribunal decision and awarded him his entitlement. I think it was 3 months in total.
  • ataloss2018
    Many thanks for the replies folks.

We've decided to give it until the end of the week, if no letter/call then ring them we will do.  
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
  • ataloss2018
    No PO present Mike, take on board your comments.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.