Advice about appeal and being put in the right group? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice about appeal and being put in the right group?

Options
cazza47
cazza47 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi there my name is cazza47 I'd like some advice please I'm going for a Mr appeal about beening put in the right group for the support group as I think I'm in the wrong one.my doctor is not giving me any support.iv to take my medical records thru to the job centre tommorow.my anxiety levels are going thru the roof with this.thank you for letting me join 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Being placed into the support group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors here.

or reg 35 explained here.

For the MR request you need to put it in writing stating what you disagree with and why you think you should be in the Support Group. Any extra evidence should be sent with the request letter and sent to the DWP. You have 28 days to request this.

Also worth thinking about that you could lose everything you already have by asking for the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @cazza47! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having to go through this process and the anxiety it's causing you- I hope we can help. The links provided above by Poppy would be worth a read, and you can find out more about the MR process here. Citizens Advice also have some great guidance on MRs on their website.

Do keep us updated and come back to us if you have any questions: we'll do our best to advise!
  • cazza47
    Options
    hi thank you for your advice.went to cab last week the wrote me a supporting letter and I got copys of my medical records I took them thru to the job centre on wednes day.so it's now a waiting game I don't even no how long they take.this is all to stress ful.thankyou all for replys nice to talk about these things 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no time scales to any decision, it all depends on backlog in your area. Most MR decisions remain the same, so expect to have to take it to Tribunal. If this does happen then appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision is your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cazza47
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.