If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Changing to a eurolock

rocker123rocker123 Posts: 3Member Listener
Hi I am on here on behalf of my wife.

Replies

• rocker123rocker123 Posts: 3Member Listener
    We have had a new door fitted with a new multipoint lock. Can we replace it with a euro lock or can we make it work like an euro lock?

• rocker123rocker123 Posts: 3Member Listener
    Under the Equality Act 2010 we do not need to worry about cost due to the fact she is registered disabled under the Equality Act 2010.

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Andy_Assistive/ @Ryan_Assistive, is there anything/ are there any resources you can suggest? 
  • Andy_AssistiveAndy_Assistive Posts: 44Scope advisor Courageous
    Hi @rocker123
    This isn't really an assistive technology question as what you are referring to is a mechanical door locking mechanism. However I'll do what I can.
    If its a new door I'd have a chat with the company that supplied and fitted it as they will know if the locking unit in the door can be replaced with a euro lock. Otherwise a locksmith should be able to advise.
    The other option that you may want to consider is some of the smart locks that are available as they can be controlled by a mobile phone rather than a key.
    Andy
Sign in or join us to comment.