If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Reporting changes of a variable condition

BrianaLBrianaL Posts: 19Member Connected
Can anyone offer advice about what criteria there are for reporting changes of my condition for a PIP award? Ie, you must report a change that has lasted a certain amount of time and can be expected to continue for x amount of time? I was awarded standard rate mobility PIP earlier this year after a successful appeal to tribunal - the only issue they gave me points on was travelling alone to new places, which I'm unable to do the majority of the time.

Now my ESA has been stopped after an assessment and I'm currently going through the mandatory reconsideration (and probably another appeal) process for that. I have Generalized Anxiety and sometimes depression. Since my ESA was stopped a week ago, my issues have been exacerbated by stress, but they are so variable I have no way of knowing if one week will be better or worse than the last, and I just can't predict how long any 'more able to cope' periods might last. One week I might be able to cope with most things, the next week I might not be able to do anything but sleep and have panic attacks, and being under extra stress makes things even more variable. Being under more stress makes it more likely for me to get worse, overall, but again I can't say for sure that it will be that way. Reporting any change would trigger a re-assessment of my PIP and I don't think that's logical when my condition can and does change so much.

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• littleruthie123littleruthie123 Posts: 460Member Pioneering
    Hiya if you say things have changed .then you will be reassessed. How long was your award for ?I'm pleased you got your higher amount eventually. It's so stressful isent especially for people with mental health conditions unfortunately. What differences did u want too tell them about ?.they should take intoo account the fluctuations in your condition .if it's effecting you 50 percent of the time .I'm not a professional just going on my own experience. And things can differ so much for us all .there are scope advisers you can ask or call .also welfare rights are very helpful .goid luck hope you can't sort it out .I feel your pain 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 14,933Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    For PIP you must have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect them to last a further 9 months. If you haven't had the new issues for at least 3 months then you won't be able to report a change of condition.
Sign in or join us to comment.