Hi, my name is Suesy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Suesy!

Options
Suesy
Suesy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a very long term insulin diabetic who has and does suffer with chronic pain 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi @suesy, welcome to the community!

Please feel free to have a look at our different groups and discussions. You might find our dealing with chronic pain group useful :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Suesy

Good mourning & Welcome.

It’s great to meet today.

I  have  had “Chronic Pain” since 2005.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with 
  • Suesy
    Suesy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi steve, it's nice to meet you. I have had chronic pain in my hips and lower to mid back for quite a few years. I have been prescribed pain killers, nerve reduction treatment, injections in the hips, injections in my mid to lower back to no avail. I have compressed discs 4 & 5,  Diabetic neuropathy and arthritis in my back. Standing, bending walking and doing household chores cause mid to high pain reactions. I am on pregabalin 200mgs daily this has just gone up to 200mgs two days ago. Is anyone else on this and has it helped? 

• ClaireSaul
    ClaireSaul Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Suesy
    A rather belated welcome!  My chronic pain story also involves back problems and multiple surgeries, alongside a genetic connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Disease.  I have taken pregabalin for many years now - specifically for nerve pain - and I think it does help me.  But....I have been taking the max dose of 600mg a day for about 9 years, so I'm no longer completely sure how much of a tolerance I have built up!
    Do have a look around some of the other posts and chats - it is a very supportive forum!

Best wishes,
    Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    helpline@scope.org.uk
    scope.org.uk

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.