If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Need to move to a one bed flat

sam66sam66 Posts: 6Member Listener
Hi. I'm new here. I suffer from multiple problems with my spine. my son is leaving home. I need to move to a one bed flat, because of my benefits changing. I can not find anywhere to Live because I am on benefits. Can anybody help? Thank you


  • thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 5,000Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sam66 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for sharing and am sorry about your situation.

    Have you contacted your local housing officer from your council. They have a lots of advice and information.

    Please can I suggest look at our advice and information on Housing and Independent living.

    Hope that helps. Also speak to our advice line.  0808 800 3333.

    Please take care

  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Posts: 1,692Administrator Scope community team

    Hi @sam66

    Welcome to Scope's community! It's great to have you here.  Just to get you started we have a How To Guide here, you can see all the latest posts here, jump in and get involved and don't worry we are a friendly bunch!  
    If you need anything, just let us know. 

    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
  • sam66sam66 Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi it's all private landlords where I live. You have to find your own accommodation. I am disabled but If I was an alcoholic or a drug addict I would be classed as vulnerable, but I am neither. I found this out at local housing office. Just a middle aged woman with family that is moving out. I can not afford the rent that I will lose because my son has left school.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,394Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    So, are we saying this is a Bedroom Tax issue?
Sign in or join us to comment.