Hi, my name is JohnBup! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JohnBup!

Hi all I am looking forward to finding my way around scope what a good idea for all of us to give each other our experience good and bad and we may even work out universal Credit along the way . 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JohnBup   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Glad you are here. Plenty of information and advice.

Like your comments about the forum. We are a friendly supportive community.

I am sure the forum will be glad to hear any comments add anything, chat, talk debate on any of the posts and threads.

Lots of new friends.

Hope that helps. Look forward to hearing what you say.

Understand if you have any problems also issues the community will be happy to listen .  Add comment and be supportive much as they can be.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JohnBup and welcome to the community.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JohnBup, and a warm welcome to the community!
  • justJohn
    justJohn Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Thank you so kind , it is nice getting welcome . I find it hard to think of myself as being disabled , but I see someone struggling to open a door pick up somting they dropped , I can recognise it in someone else . Is so hard to get my head around this is me now bloke with a stick is that normal 
  • justJohn
    I wanted to say thanks for the welcome and ment it . The rest it was on my mind I realise it's in wrong place sorry I will get hang of how where  post reply been a long hard day thank you again 
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @justJohn

A warm welcome to the community! 

I also struggle sometimes with being disabled, but I have a lot of support from my friends at scope.

Take care
  • justJohn
    Thank you  bevt2017 so nice of you .I can see just what you are saying. So often I am unable to sleep , my head is stuck on worrying about benefit sanctions or filling in new uc50 form . I can look on scope and worry about why someone else . It's real is a help and distraction . Well hear I am again on scope after answers . Thanks , you also take care 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.