Heat — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heat

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
This heat is killing me,, it’s like my medication is giving twice the dosage!! I can’t think ? can’t move my whole has come to an end. Help please!!!

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @cripps, mybe call 111 and talk to a doctor.

• cripps
    It’s a good idea but what if they stop my medication, i need it, not so much of it but I’m addicted, there’s got to be a way of through!!
  • susan48
    If you need the medication then they won’t stop it, you need help now so call them and talk.
    Hopefully you will sorted soon
  • cripps
    Thank you I’ll give it a go. 
  • susan48
    Fingers crossed and glad your calling
  • cripps
    Well i tried but they weren’t any help, back to the drawing board. 
  • susan48
    They have a duty of care whether it be physical or mental or both!
    did you get a call back from a doctor?
  • cripps
    Yes the doctor called me back but basically all he indecateted was to stay out of the sun but as i tried to explain it isn’t the sun raise but the heat it’s self. 
  • susan48
    Well try staying cool, cool drinks, blinds or curtains closed use a fan etc,

Id call your gp tomorrow morning to try and see them ASAP 
  • cripps
    It’s a bit of a shame, I’m sat here in the dark and like you say with a fan and unable to enjoy this gorgeous weather we’re having. I’ll call my GP tomorrow and see what he has to say, not hoping for too much from him he’s good at giving out pills but anything beyond that there useless. 
  • cripps
    Hi everyone, well i saw the doctor this morning to try and sort out  my medication and dealing with this heat but blow me the reason I’ve been feeling so ill and having some funny occurrences is that I’ve had a miner stroke. I never thought anything of it but a few weeks ago one side of my lip went numb and I’ve been having problems with my left eye. I’ve just returned from the hospital where the doctor sent me and just about to tuck into my macaroni cheese feeling a little bewildered, it’s not really sunk in yet because i never thought anything else could go wrong with my body but there you go it has. More medication to take and more heat to deal with so I’ve just come round in one big circle ⭕️. Life’s a bit of a pig sometimes. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.