20 years of depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

20 years of depression

noah06
noah06 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I need help and advice twenty years of depression and I don't seem to have got anywhere

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I totally understand as I’v had years and years of depression and anxiety @noah06.

Are you under the care of a mental health team? If not ask your GP to refer you ASAP.

It does take a while for an assessment, well it does where I am. Iv been waiting since February and having assessment on Wednesday.

Its vital to get help from your gp and any other teams ASAP 

• Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Good advice Neville Pearson
  • EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    noah06 - can you say a bit more about what you have tried e.g. certain types of therapy, medication, activities, groups etc?  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @noah06 and welcome to the community!

Thank you for reaching out to us all, it is great to see some helpful responses as well. Are you currently getting any support for your depression?
    Scope

• Jen73
    Jen73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi @noah06 .
     I know the frustration of seeming to get no where with depression and anxiety.  I have been medicated for nearly 12 years now, tried various talking therapies, even managed a number of group meetings.  Yet still it is hard every day.  Partly cos you don;t know what you will feel, and then how you are going to react to how you feel, or if the way you react causes friends and family to think you are struggling/ being flaky.

It is like we not only have to "fix" ourselves but also cater to everyone else's issues too. Unless that is just me...it could be...what do you think?

I hope you have found some help in the last month.  All the cliches like "every day you wake up is a good day" really get on my nerves when I am down.  If you want to chat I will try to be a good listener/reader.
    Jen73

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.