My daughter's story and brain injury, where do I get help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My daughter's story and brain injury, where do I get help?

littlegoatgirl
littlegoatgirl Community member Posts: 2 Listener
 my daughter is 6 months old. Healthy oregpregn until a growth scan at 38 weeks showed ventriculomegaly. 

She was born in a very poor state with strep B sepsis, pulmonary pressure hypertension, thrombocytopenia, sepsis suspected meningitis, has kidney failure and pnumonia causing collasped lungs, and then was diagnosed with cCMV. Double unlucky.

She's alive and kicking but her MRI results show cysts, calcifications, moderate/severe measurements of ventricles, microcephaly and suspected polymicrogyria. She had a brain bleed due to strep B sepsis (the medication they had to out her on keep her alive) and a heart condition because of the stress of being so sick. 

We treated the cmv with retroviral medication, to hopefully save her hearing and stop calcifications.

She is very present, physically strong and apart from a little weakeness on her right side is a healthy little girl.

I don't know where to start with support I am at a loss at where to begin with bodhi. We have a physiotherapist who is happy with her progress but I don't feel like I am doing enough. 

We fully expect cerabal palsy and epilepsy.

Where do I go for support? How can I get more help? Anyone who can point me in any direction other than the clueless state I feel I am in please feel free to respond.

I ahvent claimed for Bodhi as I have to move everything to universal credit, I am bi polar and off medication so I can breast feed. I have been signed off for years. I also have no idea what to out on a form for myself or my daughter. 

I've been looking into all-sorts of treatment for bodhibut we are not rich. 

Has anyone got any experience with birth injury and court? We were consultant led birth and they sent me home with sepsis. I told them things were off I am lucky my daughter is alive.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.