Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Breathing App

susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
Just wanted to share this great app.

I have panic attacks and was told about this app, it’s called Breathing Zone.

It costs £3.99 but it’s great at helping to slow your breathing down to a normal rate.

Replies

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    There are also some good free ones 
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • fishingmumfishingmum Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    wow never heard of this at all, not knew of any free ones @susan48 @debbiedo49 . I have a couple of friends who suffer from panic attacks and this could be extremely helpful, well one of them insists on having a brick of a phone and probably could not access it, but since she visits me often I could have it here and she could use it when it happens. Thanks ladies :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Try
    Headspace
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • fishingmumfishingmum Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    thanks @debbiedo49 will give her that as well :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • sue1965sue1965 Member Posts: 26 Connected
    A breathing exercise I have learnt over the past few years, both for pain management and depression! It`s called `7/11 breathing` You breathe in deeply for a count of 7 through your nose then breathe out through your mouth counting to 11(quite slowly). At first I was unable to count/breathe that much so I started at 4/7. It is a very good `tool` for panic attacks as well as anxiety and pain! The counting and breathing help you to take control little by little and no-one can see you do it if you`re out and about! Counting helps your brain to slow down its hyperactivity, allowing you to divert your `attack` thus reducing the time and level of it. Hope it helps. God bless
Sign in or join us to comment.