Breathing App — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Breathing App

Options
susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
Just wanted to share this great app.

I have panic attacks and was told about this app, it’s called Breathing Zone.

It costs £3.99 but it’s great at helping to slow your breathing down to a normal rate.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are also some good free ones 
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    wow never heard of this at all, not knew of any free ones @susan48 @debbiedo49 . I have a couple of friends who suffer from panic attacks and this could be extremely helpful, well one of them insists on having a brick of a phone and probably could not access it, but since she visits me often I could have it here and she could use it when it happens. Thanks ladies :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    thanks @debbiedo49 will give her that as well :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    A breathing exercise I have learnt over the past few years, both for pain management and depression! It`s called `7/11 breathing` You breathe in deeply for a count of 7 through your nose then breathe out through your mouth counting to 11(quite slowly). At first I was unable to count/breathe that much so I started at 4/7. It is a very good `tool` for panic attacks as well as anxiety and pain! The counting and breathing help you to take control little by little and no-one can see you do it if you`re out and about! Counting helps your brain to slow down its hyperactivity, allowing you to divert your `attack` thus reducing the time and level of it. Hope it helps. God bless

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.