Support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support

Options
raxa
raxa Community member Posts: 37 Connected
edited September 2018 in Education
Hi My son is 23 years old has Autisum with learning difficulties he was at residental placement for 3 years and finished in July 2017 he didn't had smooth transition because of that he can't focuses on anything else, SEN team found computer course in harrow Weald college he only went for 2 weeks as he is used to residental enveriontment .  Since his back home he has gone very very rigid and stubborn get angry for small things.

My main concern is by September if he is not in education SEN team will take his name out from EHCPLAN.  I am very disappointment they haven't tried anything to find him suitable course or supported internship,  He wants to be in Education wants to do computer technology.  

He he has been seating at home doing nothing we both feeling isolated, he is feeling depressed and having impact on whole family.

Please please help me before it gets into worse situation. Thank you raxa

Comments

• Ninny
    Ninny Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    @raxa it does seem to be so hard to get..  then maintain help and support. All I can say is speak with the sen team and explain your concerns regarding your sons care and future . keep dialogue open.  I have a kid with hidden disabilities and thats really hard to get recognition anf support. My nephew is 22yrs old with Autism and ADHD and he barely leaves the house  he is intelligent and at times as violent outbursts. My sister is very ill single mum.. so hard for her. It does seem to be us parents fighting for support and rights for our kids. Just know you aren't alone. ? 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @raxa,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having - it sounds like a really tough time for you.

Have you considered contacting the National Autistic Society? They have lots of information about autism on their website, and also have a helpline for people to get in touch for advice and support, which you might find useful.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can you help @melaniethorley ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.