Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

I can't find anywhere to live. I am going to be homeless in a month's time.

SystemSystem Posts: 470 Scope community team

Replies

• sam66sam66 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi. I have a change in circumstances & need to move to a 1 bed. I can't find anywhere to live. I am going to be homeless in a month's time. I can not afford to live in the flat that I am in. The council won't help because their criteria doesn't class me as vulnerable. Even though I am disabled. It's all private landlords here in essex. If any body can give me any advice, I appreciate it. Thank you
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam66, I'm truly sorry to hear this. Given the situation, it may be best to speak to one of our helpline team about this issue: you can call them for free at 0808 800 3333 or find other methods of contact here.

Citizens Advice have some good housing information online which may be worth looking at, too- perhaps arranging an appointment at your local CAB may also be worth doing? Please do keep us updated.
Sign in or join us to comment.