Confused, a drop in universal credits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused, a drop in universal credits

kevin52
kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
edited July 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Dont Know What My Weekly Payment Should Be , I Know Before I Got £250 every Two Weeks , By What Am Working Out I Am Getting  £722 Per Month , A Drop Of Over £200 ? That Cant Be Right Can It ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You state you got £250 every two weeks , four weeks per month equals £500 per month. Now you state you are getting £722 per month an INCREASE  of £222 per month. You say it's a drop of over £200 per month how do you work that out 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    kevin52,
    As Wilko says if you previously got £250 every 2 weeks it actually sounds as if you might be getting more on UC. This can sometimes happen but it depends on your circumstances.

Does the £250 you were getting before including help with your rent? If not then overall, UC might be the same/less/more. What housing costs do you have?

To fully answer your question we'd need to know a lot more, including:

What benefits were you getting before you moved to UC?
    Do you get PIP/DLA?
    If you were on ESA before, were you in the support group or the limited capability for work group?
    And do you have a carer who gets carer's allowance for you?

Sorry for all the questions but with a bit more info we should be able to explain the level of your UC and how it compares to your previous benefits.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• kevin52
    Lcwra Payment was payed to me , This Month but Not Last  £328.32 . 12Th July.
    They Said I Had A Over Run So Ended Up Havin To Pay Back £127 !
    No Wonder Am going Nuts . Got £95  on 18th July .
    Phoned up , about not getting the Lcwra Payment Back Dated From Last month , They Will Reply Tomorrow Befor 11 Am .  At The time I Phoned The girl Said There was A Payment Of £95 For The 1st Of August  ? I Did Ask For Payments Every 2 Weeks . But Its Still Very Hard to Work Out What They Are Up To. DWP Will NOT Pay The Lcwra Payment Because When UC Started Thats that With Them , £36 Back Dated Cash Wow !!!!! I Have Lost !00s Due To They Rats ! U/C Is A Farce , Now I Can See I Will Be Chasing Cash Every Month . 
  • kevin52
    Was in The Support Group , Yes rent Was Payed , I Got £254 every 2 Weeks till DWP Messed Things up .No Carer , No Other Benifits .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi Kevin 52

At risk of being so late posting this that you have moved on...

It sounds like you had support group component and enhanced disability premium in ESA. Support group exists in universal credit but not the premium. The support group element is £328.32 pcm (which is £75.76 per week) and some people aren't getting their support group money transferred over onto UC, which is wrong. Also a lot of people don't get their rent (in other words their housing benefit equivalent paid straight away).  Also very wrong. 

Have you any updates on this for us, a month later?

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.