My Girlfriend is worried that she might be pregnant, help. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Girlfriend is worried that she might be pregnant, help.

Duwer
Duwer Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello! 
I have a question about weather or not my girlfriend could be pregnant.
My girlfriend started taking birth control 2 months ago. She takes her pills correctly every morning between 8 and 10AM. But this months on the second day she took her pill 8 hours late. On the 7th and 8th days of her pill pack, we had unprotected sex. BUT ! I pulled out, and never finished inside her. My girlfriend is worried that she might become pregnant. Is it worth taking Plan B for this, or is she going to be okay and overreacting?
Thank you for your time!!!

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Duwer, I take it she’s not missed a period? 
    If you maybe take a home pregnancy test and see or contact her GP

That way you will know for sure 
  • PSHEexpert
    PSHEexpert Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Hello! It depends on a couple of things really. If she’s going to go for emergency contraception it needs to be within 3 days for Levonelle or 5 for Ella One, which she can get at any walk in centre or over the counter at the pharmacy. If she wants to do a pregnancy test you need to leave a couple of weeks from the episode of unprotected sex or you risk a false result. Hope that helps! 
    - Gill 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.