PIP medical VS ESA medical — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP medical VS ESA medical

toki
toki Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi guys, ive got my first PIP assessment coming up this week , never had one before as i didn't know i could apply to claim it, I'm already in receipt of ESA support group. I have always had lots and lots of trouble with ESA medicals where the paperwork is full of lies contradictions and just plain bizarre comments, I get found fit for work end up doing mandatory reconsideration , get a random phone call and get told I am back in the support group, this has basically been the same routine for the last 6 or 7 years , its been a nightmare and definitely affected my health for the worse. I am worried now about the PIP assessment being the same, my health has deteriorated a lot in the last few months ive sent off medical evidence and have some extra new evidence i can take with me , So whats everyones experience? is it the same as ESA for the lies and general cynical money grabbing from the HCP' finding everyone fit for work?
kind regards

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, personally I have only had good exspearances with the two PIP acessments I have had. Think before you answer, what you wrote in your applecation form will have to be justified at your acessment. The acessor can not make you or ask you to do things that will cause pain and discomfort.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    toki said:
     I have always had lots and lots of trouble with ESA medicals where the paperwork is full of lies contradictions and just plain bizarre comments, I get found fit for work end up doing mandatory reconsideration , get a random phone call and get told I am back in the support group, this has basically been the same routine for the last 6 or 7 years , its been a nightmare and definitely affected my health for the worse.
    Unfortunately PIP is just the same for some. I've had three PIP face to face assessments in the past 5 years and everyone was full of confusion, lies and corrupt comments of what I actually said.
    Like you with ESA I've also gone from no award based on the assessors report to Enhanced after I submitted an MR. The third failure I refused to engage any further with them and obviously have lost my PIP award for ever (due to age)

Personally I don't have anything good to say about PIP other than the majority who claim it get the right award first time. For some, like myself, seemed doomed at every corner.

One other point is that the DWP make a point of when awarding it, will give the shortest possible award period that they think that they can get away with.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    The accessor can not make you or ask you to do things that will cause pain and discomfort.
    I agree they should be prepared to accept what you say. However you have to be careful how you tell them and the words that you use.
    If you refuse and don't give them a justifiable (in their opinion) reason then they could stop the assessment and report to the DWP that you have failed to co-operate. Doing that means an immediate closure of the PIP claim.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.