Physical and mental health struggles — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Physical and mental health struggles

Options
Treeza
Treeza Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello and thank you for the invitation.Im trying to stay well mentally but im failing after 2years being on my own starting over solo after 30 years with someone and finding at 51 years of age and feeling totally abandoned with no guide book or safety harness 24st alchohol dependent suffering many health problems and panic attacks,anxiety,self harm and selfhatredred and irrational thoughts combined with finding my husband never been faithfull but controlled me by drink i made homeless as job went with accomodation i no rights i put on streets .its been incredible .scary,frightening,exciting but still no end to my dream of my own place a shelter i want to plant fruit trees and 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Treeza

Good Morning & Welcome.

It’s great to meet you today.

Please please have a good look around.

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please let me know!!!!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Treeza, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your current circumstances- things must be really difficult for you at the moment and I hope we can help. 

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Given your situation, I think it may be best to talk to our friendly helpline team about your circumstances, to see if they can help. You can call them for free at 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk. In the meantime, please do feel free to continue talking to and getting involved with the community, and I really hope today is as kind as possible to you. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Could you get a pet? I know some people can't look after one, or can't afford one, but my cats have saved me. I was so isolated, suicidally depressed, etc. Now I have company, distraction, entertainment... And creatures to care for.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.