Tribunal waiting times for appeals? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal waiting times for appeals?

livrose86
livrose86 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi, has anyone had their tribunal lately and how long did you wait for it? 

Comments

• elbest
    elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hi, I am awaiting tribunal date, I applied for PIP in December 17 and have rang tribunal centre to ask how long the wait is in my area & it works out at Dec/Jan 2019 for my date.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @livrose86, waiting times can vary in different areas: it may be a good idea to ring up your local service using the number listed on your previous letters, to see if they can give you an update!
  • livrose86
    Hi, @elbest oh dear... not good. I can only wish you good luck! Hope it is good. Where are you based?

• elbest
    Hi  @livrose86
    i am based near Wigan Lancashire ?

• livrose86
    Ok, @elbest fingers crossed! Its stressful all this. Best wishes.
  • elbest
    Thankyou - I hope things work out for you too , it's awful after having DLA & tax credits because I can't work full time to go to nothing. Now my work has dried up too, plus the fact that it wreaks havoc with my mental health as well as all the physical things wrong with me. It's got that bad I am seeing psychotherapist.
  • livrose86
    Yeah, it is bad! Not good at all. Lack of support is unfriendly too. So much for people expressing they care etc? Anyway, take care.
  • livrose86
    Sorry @elbest just ranting because it is hard etc. Best of luck.
  • starchild
    starchild Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Really so sorry for all this disruption to all  our lives im still waiting to be told yes or no for pip dreading the envelope every day someone else will have  to open it for me .Im on the street if this happens also seeing a counsellor  they are a vreat help and are very supportive .Yes it plays on my mind all the time .Which like you say makes all mental health  worse and my physical too hope that we all  get a good result lx 
  • livrose86
    Hi @starchild oh no. I am sorry to hear your situation! I can only hope its all good results. Its very stressful and hard. I struggle too and each day is unpredictable really, its hard to know how to feel supported and feel its not easy for anyone really. Mental or Physical or both. Best of luck! 
  • elbest
    Hi @livrose86 and @starchild
    No need to apologise for the rant I know completely how you both feel and yes let's hope for positive outcomes for you both. I know how frazzled and tetchy this makes us feel and absolutely not needed, I still cannot believe that the government are making the vulnerable people in society suffer like this.
  • starchild
    starchild Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    @livrose86 thanks ill post when i know to let you know its getting me  down alot  i do have support  but if your a worrit like me i dont need extra problems no one does and unless your in the situation no one understands lx 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.