Hi, my name is Ogmoose! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ogmoose!

Ogmoose
Ogmoose Community member Posts: 11 Connected
My nickname anyway. Hi to all fellow sufferers. Reading some of your accounts makes me feel lucky. My diagnosis took less than 12 months thanks to a very switched on consultant at Stafford. At last I know I'm not nuts or a hypochondriac! 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ogmoose, and a warm welcome to the community! If we can be of any assistance, do let us know.
  • Ogmoose
    Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome,  still need to find my way round on here. Got fibromyalgia and CFS not really sure if that counts as a real disability when I see the courage of some people it seems a bit insignificant. Not ill, not dying, just aching and sleepy!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @Ogmoose, do let me know if you have any issues: our community guide may be helpful.

I believe fibromyalgia and CFS are now both recognised as disabilities- and as I'm sure you know, can massively vary in severity between different people. I have moderate ME/CFS myself and it's certainly no walk in the park!
  • Ogmoose
    Thanks, that makes me feel better. I suffer from foot in mouth too. I meant my own levels not other sufferers. It's more of a hobble in the park then a short kip on one of the benches. Hope I don't seem a bit of a berk, having a bad day.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Not at all @Ogmoose, definitely agree it's more of a hobble! Hope the rest of the day is as bearable as possible and that tomorrow is kinder to you!
  • Ogmoose
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ogmoose

A very "Warm" welcome to you today.

I'm part of the "community team" on the site. We are all here to help /support you in anyway!!!! 

Like a number of us on here I myself have got "Chronic Pain" 

This has now left me wheelchair ♿ bound. 

Yes I'm classifyed "disabled" now!!! 

This is no  "Problem"  at all. 

• Ogmoose
    Thank you. I really admire all the positive attitudes you are all really uplifting!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.