Hospital — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hospital

Options
cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
hi folks hope you all are doing well, well I’ve just spent 4 days in hospital after being taken in by ambulance for my own safety, last Thursday i was feeling really low and having suicidal thoughts so the best thing i thought of was to ring the 111 line and tell them of my situation, at first they seemed concerned but then after looking at the time which was round about 5 o’clock the best plan they came up with was to go to my GP in the morning and ask him for more medication, i was taken back by there proposal because i knew i wasn’t going to last the night, i explained the situation again and finally agreed to contact a mental health team on call. I spoke with the nurse and we agreed that i came in to hospital by ambulance. When we got there i was taken straight to the ward where i spent talking  to the nurse and sorting out my medication. One thing that was good was the rest it gave me from the every day life that goes on and sometimes too much to handle. After being released with a plan in place with my local mental health team things and myself have settled down , my medication is up and so is my confidence with myself and the NHS , the nurses on the ward were brilliant i just hope i don’t want to go back and thank them. It’s not much of a story but it’s just something i wanted to share with my friends on the forum. Thanks for reading and keep well. NC

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cripps

Pleased you are feeling much better now.  Yes, time out from everyday life can be very therapeutic :).
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello there, yes thanks I’m feeling better but unfortunately i know it’s not going to last unless i get some help, I’m really going to try to get better so i can deal with my disability , i know its going to be hard but fingers crossed i can get there i know I’ve always got my friends on this forum to chat too. Thank you for replying to my post i really appreciate it. NC

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.