Trying to get a mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to get a mobility scooter

Marym
Marym Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi i am trying to get a mobility scooter i do get DLA but i use that to get taxi to the hospital and  shopping for my monthly shop so need a scooter just back and fore the corner shop i have  Osteoporosis COPD Asthma and get out of breath offten so i would be very grateful if someone could help me out thank you Marym.

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Marym,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

We have a dedicated page on our website about where you can find mobility scooters which may be of interest to you. I've also moved this to our disabled motoring category, where other members of our community may be able to offer further advice and support.

Hope this helps!
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Marym said:
    Hi i am trying to get a mobility scooter i do get DLA but i use that to get taxi to the hospital and  shopping for my monthly shop so need a scooter just back and fore the corner shop i have  Osteoporosis COPD Asthma and get out of breath offten so i would be very grateful if someone could help me out thank you Marym.
    Hi,
    Try looking online at gumtree for your area or facebook selling groups. They very often have second hand mobility scooters on places like this. It really depends how much you want to pay but i'm sure if you look you'll find someone selling one fairly cheap.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi!

Its worth looking online. Gumtree might have some or you can approach the company directly to ask them. I’m confident that you’ll find someone willing to sell you one at a low price. Hopefully anyway. Start with a Google search. Also consider how much you are going to pay? 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    You could try contacting local charities because some of them will help in paying for necessary items but they do tend to have limited funds.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.