If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Has anyone got hemochromatosis?

lillypad123lillypad123 Posts: 1Member Listener
Has anyone got hemochromatosis

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 1,368Member Chatterbox
    Hi @lillypad123 and thank you for reaching out to the community. I hope you are able to find someone with the same experiences. Please feel free to have a look around the community and get involved with whatever you want :)
    You may find the rare conditions board useful. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask :)
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,127Member Brian Blessed
    @lillypad123, I not personally have it but I know 2 people who have.

Its very debilitating and I can sympathise with you.

My friend has just been tested, his father has it, but thankfully he got the all clear.

Hope your ok
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,858Member Brian Blessed
    Hi @lillypad123, and welcome!

I've had a look around and it appears that you're the first person to discuss hemochromatosis on the community! Would you like to tell us some more about it?
  • MrsBoo1980MrsBoo1980 Posts: 3Member Listener
    I do! Diagnosed this year, thought it was an effect of blood transfusions but turns out I'm genetic x
  • GeoffBosworth195661GeoffBosworth195661 Posts: 158Member Chatterbox
    edited July 2018
    Hi @lilypad123 and welcome, OK This is an overload of iron in the body which can be very dangerous if you are not sure what levels you are on. Hemochromatosis you have to get this checked out and to find what can be done to make things much more comfortable. Several types are in the types of the gene you will need to know which one so it can be treated
  • CazannCazann Posts: 65Member Talkative
    Hi Lillypad, I have just read an article about Hemochromatosis. It is in the Daily Mail (Tuesday 22nd Jan 2019) It is in the Good Health section. I hope that you can get something from this. Goog luck.

Sign in or join us to comment.