Functional Neurological Disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Functional Neurological Disorder

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
I have just been diagnosed with FND, Iv never heard of it before but it explains so much about why I have involuntary body movements, speech issues ontop of various other symptoms.

Im just wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Thanks

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48 and thank you for sharing thing with us all. I have heard of FND before and do know a bit. The website that is recommended is: https://fndhope.org there is also another one which I can't find at the moment but will keep looking! Please do keep in touch :)
    Scope

• susan48
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope, Iv just found that website, it’s very informative.

thanks for looking for me I appreciate it greatly, Iv had lots of questions I had in my head answered just looking online. It’s been a long time coming, not knowing what my problems were.

I don’t really like labels but when you don’t know what all these things physically that happen are then for me righ now it’s helped .

Thanks again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @susan48, the unknown can be extremely daunting! It is really good that you are looking up questions as this period of a diagnosis can be very confusing and you are bound to have questions. I wish you the very best of luck and please do not hesitate to be in touch if you want to talk about this further :)
    Scope

• susan48

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.