Won appeal now being asked to attend job centre ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal now being asked to attend job centre ?

Mickyg1
Mickyg1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Won my appeal was awarded 21 points and judge advised I’m not to be reassessed for two years 
now have a letter saying I have to attend job centre 
even though judge has specified I have problems interacting with people 
any one know what I do next ?

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring the job centre and explain your disability and ask if there’s any other option. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Mickyg1 said:
    Won my appeal was awarded 21 points and judge advised I’m not to be reassessed for two years 
    now have a letter saying I have to attend job centre 
    even though judge has specified I have problems interacting with people 
    any one know what I do next ?
    It sounds like you've been placed into the WRAG rather than the Support Group. If this is right then yes you will have to attend that appointment at your local job centre, if you don't then you could be sanctioned. It's a work focused interview and not another assessment.  Being placed into the WRAG means they expect you to prepare for work at some point in the future, although they don't accept you have a limited capability for work.

First thing you need to do is find out exactly which group you were placed into, scoring those 21 points could well mean WRAG because Support Group isn't about scoring points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Mickyg1, 

If you attend your first appointment, you will meet your personal adviser who should discuss with you what you are able (or not able) to do with regards to preparing for an eventual return to work.
    Your personal adviser has it at their discretion what they expect from you. Some people only have telephone interviews every couple of months and others are expected to do more. Please attend your first appointment and see what happens and come back here for further  advice if you need to. Some of these advisers are very understanding and some aren't. Good luck.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    When I was in esa I got put in wrag which turned out to be one to one appointments with company contracted by DWP to help me back to work in time. It was very stressful not knowing and then having to attend these appointments but it’s all part of the process of esa I believe. Make your support needs very clear and make sure you are saying you will do everything you can to attend these appointments. Good luck

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.