Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge

Cazann
Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
Hi
I am enquiring to see if anyone knows if it's possible to keep and renew my Blue badge, after I lost my PIP application.. I've had a blue badge for over 13 years, while claiming DLA and it runs out in 8 weeks. I've had a reminder from my local council to renew my badge but as I'm appealing to a tribunal, I wasn't sure if I can still get one. Does anyone know?
Thank you.

Comments

• maria1
    maria1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    best thing to do is call and tell them your appealing it for your pip but they might stop it untill  you win your pip back
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Yes- do contact them and explain. They might decide to stop it until you start getting PIP again. 
  • blondie3862
    blondie3862 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had my blue badge when I didn't get pip. I as long as you have supporting evidence of why you need it, I will you should be fine. I will I rang up and did mine over the phone then emailed the evidence over. 
  • Cazann
    Thank you all for the advice. I will ring the council tomorrow and check that out.
    ;) 
  • Cazann
    Just an update on the Blue badge;
    I rang the council about my Blue badge and they said that I can apply to renew it, even though I am appealing to go to tribunal after losing my PIP appeal.  I have an appointment to go to our local library to renew it. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.