Compensation from operation? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compensation from operation?

Samera2018
Samera2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Please advice me I had pip implants for 17 years I did not know until they began to swell i. 2016 apparently they had been leaking into my chest for sometime. I have had problems ever since I did not get recalled so did not know until the surgeon informed me I have the silicone wrapped around my lymph nodes and free floating silicone still in my chest... I have been told I cannot claim compensation because of the length of time and please can someone tell me are the pip silicone dangerous I am in dreadful pain 

Comments

• Samera2018
    Samera2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have had the implants removed and have safe ones in but unfortunately I have stage 4 capsular contraction so have to have them removed this is due to all the scarring from pip operation 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Samera2018 and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this. I hope people on the community are able to offer some advice. Please do feel free to have a look around and get involved in any way you would like. If there is anything I can do then please do let me know :)
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Samera2018, and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and what you've been through. Given the circumstances, I think it would be best to speak to your GP about your pain and where it's come from, and perhaps also seek legal advice if you're wanting to pursue compensation- it may be worth visiting your local CAB. Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.