Giving the DWP or assessment centre a telephone number Or Not. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Giving the DWP or assessment centre a telephone number Or Not.

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Scope community..

I hear many disabled people and members have given telephone numbers to the DWP I learnt a long time ago never do this as your asking for all kinds of trouble, you should never offer them a phone number?

Always insist everything is done in writing and that then gives you a paper trail and a back up for future or further issues with the DWP.

So if your filling in a ESA/UC50, PIP, or DLA etc, never add a phone number as your opening up yourself a whole load of grief, also assessment providers will be able to phone you anytime 'No phone number' then they will only be able to write to you as you woulden't have given a Phone Number.

If you need to call them anytime always withhold your phone number.

This advice is based on my personal experience and it's down tou you as an individual whether you follow it.

Hope this helps, don't be fooled by there lies on the phone always insist it in writing.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    For most people giving a contact number or email address is the normal and correct thing to do, but as we are dealing with an organisation that is renowned for messing up and recording wrong information given, supplied truthfully this is a good idea it will slow the process up somewhat waiting for the post to arrive then reply. And if your acessment has to be cancelled at short notice the postal system will not get to you to let you know. So off you go for the acessment and on arriving you are informed that your acessment has been cancelled. You moan, kick up a fuss why weren't we told informed. The reply will be, we only have a postal contact no telephone contact details which if we had we would have telephoned you the day before your acessment. So it can work in ours or against us .
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    As I said @wilko it's each individuals choice which way they take in the direction they choose. Supply a number or not.

For me I've never had issues doing it my way. But? is the question the right or wrong way.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• tommy2k17
    tommy2k17 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Mine was cancelled because they had an 'IT glitch' that lost all the information I gave them!
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    I don't supply a number. Instead I tell them I prefer to have a letter through the post. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.