Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
Quinlan1
Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
ok I gone with a paper appeal yes I know it’s wrong been told I hear by 13 September today had phone call saying medical report will take 3 weeks then I got to send it she on Hoilday from today so is sectry so no one written it up I rung the courts told them it be about   A week yesterday  what happens it I get it late with paper you no idea it going to say unfit to travel alone 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Quinlan1,

It is very difficult to win a paper appeal, you need overwhelming evidence really to disprove the medical report that ESA have relied upon. All you can do is phone or write to the tribunal service and tell them that medical evidence is on the way and ask for the appeal not to be heard without it. It still sounds as though you have enough time to get it and send it in as its not August yet.
    I know you have your reasons for not attending but quite often attending the appeal is the best thing to do and your spoken evidence at the hearing is often what swings a tribunal's decision in the claimant's favour. It's not too late to advise them that you want to attend and I cannot stress how important to your success your attendance could be. If the Local Authority has a Welfare Rights team they may represent your case or CAB will at least give you advice and prepare a submission for you. All the best.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi 
    ok  thanks I tried cab no luck long wait
    i have a major bowl problem which means I need to go now it’s over 25 miles to the court normally only do short trips and don’t eat or drink at all when out most times just a hour the dr going to say this in his report I was suppose to have bowl op but with other medical problems at the moment it’s a no pip has not asked for any medical records so far sent in 4 no luck all saying I can’t go out thanks for your help  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.