Getting worse — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting worse

cozhardy
cozhardy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I get PIP and found it all very stressful as had to prove assessor had put all the wrong info about me wrong. Now the question is do I get back in touch with them as my condition has worsened

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Just because your condition has got worse it doesn't mean you'll receive more points for the descriptors. What you need to do before reporting those changes is look at the PIP descriptors to see where you could possibly gain those extra points, if any to increase your existing award.

Reporting a change of circumstances means you'll be sent more forms, like the first time. Then you'll be re-assessed with another face 2 face assessment. More evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone and the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. You do risk losing everything you already have. People have reported changes on gone on to to just this.

There's also a PIP self test that you can complete, which of course is just a guide to see what you could possibly score.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cozhardy
    cozhardy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for this good advice x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.