If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Nerve damage pain

hi hope someone can advise had back surgery in September last year to remove 2 discs that had broke off unfortunately during the operation my nerve leading to my leg was damaged 😩 Was told that I might never walk again, I am walking kind of  but pain is getting worse I'm on gabapentin, and oral morphine I had no feeling from my knee down but horrendous pain in my thigh, I have now got a burning g pain in my foot like my foot is on fire can't stand on it when pain is there and don't know what to do to ease pain not sleeping which is making me irritable hope someone can help x 

Replies

• SunshineLouSunshineLou Posts: 89Member Talkative
    edited July 2018
    @melly123 I used to be on a high dose of Pregabalin daily (Lyrica).
    Now I take CBD supplements and have been able to drop ALL my other prescription meds including Baclofen etc...
    CBD completely eliminates Neuropathic/nerve Pain.
    I have a spinal cord and brain injury.

Find a good reputable supplier who has lab tested and fully certified products of guaranteed amounts of CBD.

I buy from a company called Canabidol. 
    They sell in the UK, EU and USA and have been featured in various magazines and tv programmes. I’ve been a customer for over 2 years now.

Hope that helps. Natural is best, no side effects too!
    Also to add honey it sounds like you have Dysesthesia, altered sensations.
    google it. Meds can help these sensations (burning tingling etc....) I have that condition too :( 
    edited July 2018
    Google Paresthesia too. That may be another option. Definitely seek advice from your GP about which it may possibly be, if any.... x
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,858Member Brian Blessed
    Hi @melly123, and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. You've had some good suggestions from @SunshineLou but just to reiterate, always make sure you speak to your GP or another professional involved in your care before making any changes to your current treatment. Hopefully you'll be able to find some more suggestions for coping here on the community too. I hope today is as kind as possible to you!
    @melly123 yes, @Pippa_Scope is right. Sorry I should always make it very clear to have your Doctors say so before changing or trying anything new. CBD is just a herbal supplement though. It doesn’t contain any THC so is legal. You can actually buy it over the counter in places like Holland and Barrett now (although a very low dose and many have told me ineffective for actual medical conditions).

My Neurologist and GP plus rehab Doctor all know and approve of my CBD use. In fact, when my GP saw how well it worked he prescribed me Sativex. My condition is called ADEM and is grouped with illness like MS and TM.

If you’d like any more info you can message me. I also researched it fully for about a year or so before actually trying it for myself. I haven’t looked back since x
  • Rossie17Rossie17 Posts: 1Member Listener
    HI I have had jaw pain for over 20 years .I have tried everything available had all the scans treatment you can mention they said it is neuropathy pain on gaberpentin and anti depressant but still have discomfort daily .can anyone one suggest any new treatment please
  • chrisvanfchrisvanf Posts: 59Member Whisperer
    Hi @melly123.
    Have you got sorted with this problem yet.
    How long ago did the symptoms start.
    Does the foot change colour and swell.

Edited, re-edited, bits added, bits taken out spellchecked then edited again, 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,858Member Brian Blessed
    Welcome to the community @Rossie17! I'm so sorry to hear about your pain- hopefully our community will be able to offer some suggestions. At the very least, I hope you find comfort in being among others who understand what it's like to live with pain.
Sign in or join us to comment.