Access to social worker — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to social worker

jas62
jas62 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have been refused access to a social worker on the grounds that my issue is not a safeguarding one. I was told originally told by Penderels Trust that as my care was cancelled suddenly by a care company who I complained to about missing hours and was mistreated by it would be treated as a safeguarding issue. Also we were given incorrect information from 2 ladies from the council about the services the trust could provide. We have had pa’s in for the last month but the council are withholding our funds saying that a dbs check is mandatory before we can pay the pa’s, we have told them they work for care agencies and have already had a dbs, we are willing to do this and have started steps but information on how to proceed is being withheld until they have the dbs. I have been told conflicting information and need some advice about getting help from someone who knows what Is happening.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jas62, great to meet you. Thank you for sharing this with us- what a frustrating situation this must be. Since the issue is complex, I'd recommend speaking to our helpline team over the phone, who will be better placed to help:
    Help and information

For independent support or disability information, contact our free helpline.
    0808 800 3333 
    Contact us 9am to 5pm on weekdays. We're closed bank holidays.
    Email helpline@scope.org.uk

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    This service is not fit for purpose. It all needs tiding up and straightening out
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Misscleo, I am sorry to hear you feel it is not fit for purpose. Are you referring to the Scope helpline? If there is anything else that we can do then please just ask or you can email the community inbox on: community@scope.org.uk
    Scope

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Cant credit you thought i ment this site.
    Read from the top what wr talking about. What wr always talking about pip. Dwp. Hospitals. Doctors everything wr all let down by 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.