Put into wrag but still getting nothing. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Put into wrag but still getting nothing.

11faerie1
11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi, iv just had my esa decision.Was told they would not pay me anything from 1st August.I rang up to enquire why and what this meant.I was previously in the contribution  based support group and have now been put into wrag.But....as my 365 days on contribution have expired, I'm left with nothing.What can I do? Do I appeal the decision to put me back on support? Do I get a doctor report? I'm not sure if they even contact him. Help would be appreciated 

Comments

• 11faerie1
    Also...the letter is dated 1st August.Got my letter on the 6th and now it'll  take another week for me to receive statement of reasons..So to say you have a month to appeal is a joke.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @11faerie1 If you feel you meet the criteria and or descriptors for the support group you can appeal this decision.  Do  you know why you were originally  put in the support group?  I should also state that in appealing they have the options of putting you back into the support group, the WRAG or finding you fit.
  • 11faerie1
    Thankyou for the link....it was few yrs ago I was put in support group so can't remember why.I have memory problems due to brain Tumour, severe anxiety  and depression. Maybe I just didn't answer well in my assessment.Ill ask my doc for a report next week when I see him.Thankyou for replies
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I drafted and wrote a letter of complaint about my son’s assessment report that was sent. It concerns me that the assessment report contained a number of inaccuracies with what I told them. You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Do you meet the criteria for the work related group? If you don’t then you have to appeal the decision. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.