mariasharman I had a stroke 3 years a go i had things fitted in my home but then I got cancer last — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mariasharman I had a stroke 3 years a go i had things fitted in my home but then I got cancer last

mariasharman
mariasharman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I've asked my coucil to take my sink out they will not do it I keep  hurting meself

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mariasharman, thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sorry to hear this-  would you like to tell us a bit more about your situation so we can try and advise?
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Hi @mariasharman

are we talking about a sink in a toilet area, r a kitchen, or a room in which you receive medical/personal care? If so, the likely explanation for why they council won't remove it is because it is deemed necessary for hygiene reason.

How are you hurting yourself on the sink? Perhaps if you got an Occupational Therapist (OT) to look at the cause of the injuries they could be dealt with in another way without having to remove the sink or maybe the sink could be replaced or re-positioned in such a way as to reduce the risk?

Best wishes
    Jean  

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• mariasharman
    mariasharman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    They said sink as to be in toilet or get someone to take it me out it's same as my outside they coming this month to it but I'll wait it's all getting on top of me now
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear things are getting on top of you @mariasharman. If your mood is lower than normal you may find it helpful to talk to your GP.

If I have understood correctly the sink has to remain because it is in the toilet area and so required for hygiene reason? and you have already arranged for someone to come out to assist you about this later in the month?

I don't know how you are hurting yourself on the sink but if it is because you are falling you might need to seek support from your local falls prevention team.

Best Wishes
    Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.