Welfare Meeting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Welfare Meeting

Options
Denise53
Denise53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I’m new, I’m 53 and have thyroid disease, fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, I have also had a bowel resection in Dec 2017 due to endometriosis and I’m going through the menopause. My problem are people looking st me and not believing how bad I feel. I work full time and 3 weeks ago my work asked me to attend a meeting with two of the bosses, they keep double booking and now it will be six weeks before the meeting takes place, this year apart from the time i had to take due to extensive surgery, I’ve only had one day off for my fibromyalgia, I was overwhelmed with chronic pain, that’s when they suggested a meeting that now turns out to be a welfare meeting to discuss my Doctors letter. I’m so nervous, the stress is making me flare. How can I prepare or make them understand I’m ill everyday just some days I have to collapse in a heap. I’m getting depressed with it as it’s not just work ? thank you for any advice or support in advance xx

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Denise53 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. I understand as do all the community I am sure.

All I can add is your employer has care and concern for your well being and your health.  To reassure you.

My concern is for you at the moment.

Difficult may I add what to say for some advice.  Do you have anybody to support you at this meeting. Union rep or some one from work who can be an advocate.  Hope that helps.

I wanted to say we are a supportive friendly community. Who care and share.

Lots of information, advice and plenty of new friends.

Ask the community anything.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Denise53 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I hope your meeting goes okay and please do let us know if there is anything that we can do :)
    Scope

• Denise53
    Denise53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, yes I’m taking a colleague with me. I’m glad I’ve found this group, x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.