learning difficulties help for me in stoke on Trent area — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

learning difficulties help for me in stoke on Trent area

Options
Nicole24
Nicole24 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
hello my name is Nicole im 20 years old with learning difficulties and it takes me longer to process things and to understand things that is going on in my life and I have the support and help from my partner I was wondering if there is any technology that can help me with my learning disabilities in the stoke on trent area , stoke thank you .

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi @Nicole24.

So sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. We have lots of useful information about assistive technology on our website which may be of interest to you, which includes a list of organisations that may be able to offer some support.

I've also moved this into our ask an assistive technologist category, where @Andy_Assistive and @Ryan_Assistive may be able to advise.
    Liam
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nicole24, you may also be interested in this page on assistive technology for specific learning difficulties. Hopefully @Andy_Assistive and @Ryan_Assistive will be able to offer some suggestions too!
  • Ryan_Scope
    Ryan_Scope Scope Posts: 14 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @Nicole24

Firstly thank you for contacting us via the Online Community! Sorry that myself nor my colleague Andy have been able to answering your question any sooner. 

With regards to any specific technology available that would help you with your learning disabilities, there is many different types available, but many are decided upon your abilities, strengths, weaknesses and areas that you need assistance with. If you are able to give me a more specific description of the areas you would need help with then i will be able to give you advice accordingly, otherwise my advice would be pan-learning disability which you may find is not person centred to your specific individual needs. 

I look forward to hearing from you again soon, 

Ryan Kennedy 

• Nicole24
    Nicole24 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    I struggle with Reading and writing and i struggle to put things into a proper sentence and whats going on in my life of whats happenening and people tell me things and i forget them all the time and and if people tell me information then i struggle to understand all the information people tell me and my partner has to explain it to me like he is doing now and he helps me what to write

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.