Applying for PIP again-if taken away in MR or appeal. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP again-if taken away in MR or appeal.

needmorehelp
needmorehelp Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi folks,

I have got one point short of daily care and standard mobility. I have a few factors to take into consideration before I decide to ask for an MR, as stated in my other thread.

If I lost the award at MR which I understand is very unlikely but still possible, and likewise at a tribunal, how soon could I reapply for pip again?

When I migrated from dla to pip they did ask me if I wanted to use my dla evidence for my pip which I said yes to.

For people who have been turned down for pip once and then reapply do they still look at the new claims diligently, or is it possible they can see the records of the refused pip claim, which may well influence their decision to the new claim?, in other words they might consider the claimant a serial pip claimant, and not worthy of serious consideration.

Probably comes across as if my imagination is sort of running wild here, but I do feel its god to have an idea before I would send of an MR letter, if I go down that route.

Many thanks

Comments

• brentus
    brentus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I would have thought they would have to treat it as a new independent claim if you've started from scratch and filled out the 196 page application form,but i don't know what they actually do,hope someone knowledgeable can help you because I'd like to know the correct answer myself. Good luck.
  • brentus
    Just for the sticklers,i know the form isn't 196 pages,just a bit of hyperbole ??
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Think about it logically. A failed claim and then soon after a new claim is sent in.
    Would you expect the DWP to ignore the result of the previous claim?

• brentus
    Ok i see your points but if i first applied 2 years ago and it took 2 years to get to losing my appeal,that was for how i was 2 years ago what if in that 2 years I'd lost all my limbs and was actually typing this with my tongue?  Then its a totally different claim surely?  My old claim would be irrelevant apart from to show how i was 2 years ago. Am i making sense because im confusing myself now ??? maybe I'll leave this one to the professionals.
  • brentus
    I know what you mean,i just figured a different claim would generate a new file,new assessor,new dwp agent all with different outlook ideas  and perceptions.I know the previous claim might be on record,but just thought each case on its own merits as a different set of people would be dealing with it. My first assessor was like mary poppins and my recent one was like the devil's ex wife,i got my award 3 years ago when i wasnt as bad as i am now and it was still being treated,now its worse and permenant, the devils ex took it all off me. Different perceptions and ideas on what scores the points.Obviously thats not how it works and i bow to your superior knowledge ? just giving my rose coloured opnion lol.Have a good evening. 
  • brentus
    No, of course, and anyone who did that would be wasting their time if as you say all the persons claims are on record and used as a reference.I suppose its the same with a MR,if you repeat what youve already told them,they'll repeat what they've already told you. ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.