Chronic illness — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic illness

petitebumblebee
petitebumblebee Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I've been suffering with chronic illness for several years. I have Fibromyalgia, ME, cervical and lumbar spinal problems, depression, and many other health issues. I joined yesterday to hopefully make new friends, and to get, and to give support to others. 
I feel isolated and lonely a lot of the time. I used to have my own business, of nearly 10 years, but had to cease trading,  due to my body slowly giving up, with chronic illness. 
I have found that, by taking one day at a time, I can cope better mentally. 
Remember, after the dark, comes light!

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @petitebumblebee, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us- I live with chronic illness to, as do many others on the community, and know how isolating it can feel. I hope you find comfort in being among others who understand, and do let us know if we can be of assistance!
  • petitebumblebee
    petitebumblebee Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Thank you Pippa! Hope you have a good day ?
  • Golden12
    Golden12 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi welcome I'm kind of new my health has kept me away... Regarding having health Issues I have  spinal probs...it's a blessing we am all thick skinned and that's a good thing hey and yes I am invisable and isolated thanks for Internet ?just got to get on with life the way we can?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.