Can anyone advise — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone advise

Options
Marble
Marble Community member Posts: 20 Connected
lm on ESA in the support group and have been awarded pip. I've had a notification from DWP to talk to me about my ESA will they stop this? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Your ESA won't stop unless you've been found fit for work and this can't happen without a face 2 face assessment, unless you fail to attend the assessment.

A PIP award can affect ESA in a good way but this will depend on your circumstances. Do you have a daily living award of PIP and do you live alone or classed as living alone? and does anyone claim Carers Allowance for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marble
    Options
    l was awarded the daily living 57 and some coin. My ESA was awarded till next yr. l live alone and no one claims care allowance. Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting an op and had lots of health issues and the DWP have been dreadful since I've been ill. But l won my mandatory reconsideration again and spoke to a manager who was very nice. l applied for pip because I've got OA in my back arms fingers knees ankles, and have had alot of pain and trouble with my joints my right arm is very weak. Every time you get these notifications it makes you feel sick
    and stresses you out. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you have a daily living award of PIP and you live alone, no one claims Carers Allowance for looking after you, you'll be entitled to claim Severe Disability Premium (SDP) on top of your ESA. This is an extra £64.30 per week paid with your ESA and is back dated to the start of your PIP claim, if you qualified at the time.

Give ESA a ring first thing Monday morning and ask to either fill in the IS10 over the phone or ask them to send you the form. It's a very simple process, unless all the other forms. A claim should only take a few weeks and all your money will be back dated. It's not always bad news but they sure do make us nervous when they contact us in that way but for you this time, it's good news.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • Marble
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and kind words it does make you feel sick. I honestly wished id done law! I find is appalling what they do to ppl. l should try and understand this but its very complicated to understand. It's bad enough dealing with different hospital. Different issues l really don't like the position im in like many others! But thank you your words have been a comfort to me. You feel sick when they contact you.. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes indeed you do but this time there's nothing to worry about. All you need to do is ring ESA first thing Monday morning and ask to make a claim for SDP.
  • Marble
    Options
    Thank you poppy you made me feel better xx ? bless you.. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    As far as I am aware PIP and ESA are completely independent of each other, although a PIP award can be used to prove an ESA claim.

Whilst the system is now set up in such a way as to try to make people give up it is important not to. Personally I would state in your application that you are suffering additional stress and illnesses due to the constant harassment from the claims procedures and the staff involved, just to make sure they understand that you should not be treated as such. It is likely to be ignored but if enough people do this often enough then maybe they may stop or at least reduce the pressuring.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Topkitten There's no application or anything. Marble has had a recent PIP award and is already in the Support Group for ESA. It's highly like that DWP want to talk about the SDP premium, as there's no ESA50 been sent.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I used the word "application" very loosely @poppy123456 and could be applied to any sort of change of circumstances, application, MR, appeal and anything else where some input is needed. I certainly believe that everyone should put into everything how the system is making life worse. If enough of us keep bringing it up maybe it might help.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Marble
    Options
    Thank you poppy l got another text and you were right. Ill call them on monday. lts awful they use these intimidation tactics on ppl. And yes topkitten lve complained after some shocking conversations with ppl from capita and the DWP its like they enjoy the power they wheeled. What l dont get is these ppl who turn you down for MR say theyre not medically trained! whilst in possession of scans consultants diagnostic. I got two of my assessments back and they wrote total lies down and one totally ignored my health conditions! l wont go into full details but it was a copy of fiction. Im going to report both of them to the medical board. Lying or misleading about ppls illness is surposed to be against their code of ethics! l would also suggest they record every meeting and get a copy of every report. You can contact the dwp and ask for a copy of your records under the information freedom act! lve worked all my life! l was born disabled apparently but my knees have been an issue but the last 5 years dreadful its seems most of my spine isnt doing to well either! most of my joints are buggered and l have a number of organ issues.. a demic. When l listen to these horror stories of whst happens to ppl it makes me feel sick to the stomach. My whole total experiance with these ppl has been appalling from not advising me to do a MR to not paying me for nearly two mths l have no family and live alone. The stress made me have a massive asthma attack ontop if the fact l had septis.. Reading what ppl go through lm so glad their are forums like this to ask ppl fof help. Thank you all so very much.. they tell you nothing l just dont get why its acceptable to witch hunt, abuse and terrorise ppl who are ill. I wont bore you with my story! lve left ppl truely opened mouthed when lve told them.. Thank you again its been an awful time in my life and ive felt so very alone! l still do now.. apart from the hospital and constant doctors visits and tests and more tests! the list of things they have found is growing. 
    That in itself is scary.. but the benefit Nazis are criminals. Its abuse of the most vunrable. Thank you again.. x 
  • Marble
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes indeed you do but this time there's nothing to worry about. All you need to do is ring ESA first thing Monday morning and ask to make a claim for SDP.
    Thank you poppy l got another text this morning and you were right. My health has been a nightmare and dealing with these rude, abusive ppl has been as well. The treatment l got from them has been appalling. Thank you, thank you.. l live alone and have no family.. so lve had little support.. l tend to sort everyones elses problems out and im estwick and a rock to ppl always a smile on my face whilst crying inside.. But all this has tested my metal.. without the health on going problems. Being cut off without any money for nearly two mths, twice.. Not having any money to buy food or pay all my bills. Ive worked all my life. Don courses to get qualified in Marketing/Business and a few other areas at a high level mostly paid for by myself. Worked and done OU courses as well. Worked for myself and worked for ppl. And ive been treated like a parasite. My conditions have been ignored deliberatly left off forms. Or my condition lied about... Im angry sorry, not just with the treatement of myself but with what l read. It makes me feel physically sick. If l was well enough ld do some form of work!! As the stress they put you under its just disgusting.. Thank you so much.. my reaction like everyones is panick makes you feel physically sick and concerned. Ive not slept as ive been so worried about this.. Thank you so much xxx l do appreciate your advice and kind words it has ment so much to me. lve felt so issolated since ive been ill. Thats been tough to deal with to. My best friend or l thought proved how much she cared! I googled it and apparently it happends alot ppl turn their bk on you as your no longer uselful. I did save her business which helped her to become a doctor and nursed her through her second divorce! but she isnt a nice person and hasnt treated her kids nice so l should have known.. Thank you again l felt physically sick.. ??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm glad i made you feel a little better and i hope tonight you'll at least sleep a little better! xx
  • Marble
    Options
    You did, thank you xx?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.