Confusing ESA questionnaires — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusing ESA questionnaires

Welshgirl
Welshgirl Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m confused. I signed on ESA on 8th December 2017.  I was waiting for a complex hip reconstruction, and was in a lot of pain. I didn’t have a questionnaire to fill until April this year. I had an appointment for face to face assessment on 9th June 2018. By this time I’d had my op on 14th May 2018.

The doctor’s assessment put me in the support group, partly as I was on the list for a knee replacement after the hip had settled.

I have now just received another ESA50 questionnaire? Is this normal? Can anyone help please? I know I won’t be in Support group for ever, but three months? That doesn’t seem right. Any ideas anyone please? Thank you.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Welshgirl   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Understand and agree with you all confusing. Thank you for sharing.

I am unsure of an answer to your question.  I know a member of our team or a member of our community will know.

You can could have a look at our benefit advice and information. Contact CAB  for information, benefit advice.

Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise.

We are a friendly supportive community.  Care and share.

Ask the community some one will know. Ready to listen.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Welshgirl and a warm welcome to the community! This does sound more complex then normal. Like @thespiceman has said, it may be worth contacting CAB or the Scope helpline on: 0808 800 3333.
    I will move this discussion to the ESA section and hopefully other community members may have some advice :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

With ESA they can contact you at anytime. As you had your op shortly before your last assessment they most likely want to see if it's improved your condition. As you've now been sent another ESA50 form, it will need to be returned no later than the date stated on the letter. Don't forget to send all your support evidence with the form, as they rarely contact anyone for evidence. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.