9 weeks into sending ESA50 and evidence received by Maximus, I've had know news. Have I done right. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

9 weeks into sending ESA50 and evidence received by Maximus, I've had know news. Have I done right.

Hi all I decided I couldent take much more to the waiting to hear from Maximus regarding my ESA support group renewal as it has now been 9 weeks since they’ve now had all my paperwork and well documented evidence.

I made the call to them today Friday and got a right idiot, very inhuman almost like a robot.

I ask him if there was any news as to what is happening surrounding my ESA renewal claim, he said No not as yet, I then said it’s been now 9 weeks and I can’t cope with the pressure of waiting and door watching is making me very ill and feel very suicidal and my anxiety was through the roof I just asked him can you please get it sorted, and I point blank said I can’t cope with an assessment and all my evidence states it also, and is all well documented, he then put me on hold for about five to ten minutes, then he ask me if I was going to self harm myself I point blank told him I need to know what is happening as I feel a complete prisoner in my home waiting to hear my fate regarding all this.

I told him I need to be with my family to help me and I spend a lot of time there for them to help me as I live 140miles away and I’m trying to move closer but I can’t go there because of waiting for these letters from the DWP and Maximus.

He then said to me again are you going to self harm and kept pushing me I said No I’m going to my family so no need to call the Police etc and smash my door down, as I can’t cope with all this waiting anymore and I have sent you all the evidence how much more do you need and why keep putting me through this when even the DWP have clearly stated deterioration in function noted on the copy of the attached ESA85.

He then went off and put me again hold for another 10 minutes and spoke with head office and said they will be looking into my claim on Monday whatever that all now means. He said I can phone back on Monday to find out as he said a HCP was going to look into it? 

Im a little bit worried by phoning them on Monday as I think they might make me try to have an assessment and I can’t agree to that as my support worker is away for two weeks.

I have sent so much information in about not having an assessment at a centre or at home and is all backed up by all my evidence.

Perhaps I’ve now upset the Apple cart by Phoning them.

As I’ve said I can’t deal with all this now and I will live of my PIP if I have to.

⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's very stressful indeed, i agree. 9 weeks isn't really that long, although i know it is when you're this stressed. No one can really answer your questions, we'll only be guessing whether or not they'll ask you to attend an assessment. I would ring them maybe mid week, if you were told they are going to look at it Monday. Hopefully you'll have that paper based assessment. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Governments_A_Joke, it’s dreadful the time it takes for them do make decisions but when it comes to taking your award away it’s done extremely quickly. 
    I understand how anxious you’ll be but phone back on Monday and hopefully you’ll get some news. 
    Take care
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Thanks @poppy123456 and @susan48 it doesn't seem long but when your in a bad place it's like forever, I was not gonna bother re-phoning them on Monday and now just let them write to me just in case they try to force an assessment date on me for which i need to stall them at least till September when my support worker is back off holiday. So its another reason i don’t want to phone back.

So if they look through my claim and decide on an assessment then they will have to write to me as I don't give out phone numbers, and then I know I can cancel the first appointment at the last minute which will give me some extra time I have decided either way i won’t go to any assessment and hopefully my support worker will be able to sort it so i don’t have to go to one.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Hugs. 
    Last year I phoned up and asked why they had arbitrarily picked a assessment day for me. I insisted on having a home assessment done so that they could fully understand why my son does not walk unaided. My son’s social worker was at the assessment appointment taking notes in the background. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Governments_A_Joke, did you end up calling DWP today?
    Scope

edited August 2018
    Hi @Governments_A_Joke, did you end up calling DWP today?

@Chloe_Scope Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for asking I decided not to phone Maximus as I don't want them to offer me an assessment or be given one to me over the phone, so if they send me for an assessment it gives me a little more time to stall it and cancel the first one not saying I would be called for assessment? It will also give me extra time as my senior support worker is away till 12th September and she then is going to deal with it all.

I have sent much upto date evidence in stating an assessment at a centre or home is not good for my health and is well documented in the evidence and my diagnosis and all my functional restrictions and a statement that I cannot use a manual wheelchair and what it will all do to me if I attend or have to have an assessment. Basicly it's states it won't be good for my welfare or my safety and has given them No wriggle room to say No.

So I'm gonna leave it and see what happens regarding it all.

As I've said I wont go or have an assessment either way they the DWP know my history is deterioration is noted and have they now have more all updated info and No assessment is going to change that.

If it all goes against me so be it, I just can't cope anymore with this rubbish and I will just manage on my on-going PIP till 2027 and claim under nil income to keep my flat as I live on my own.

Its now all becoming to much having to keep proving ones self.
    ⬇️

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @Governments_A_Joke, I know you will not be alone in thinking this. I really do hope that it all works out for you!
    Scope

edited August 2018
    HI @Governments_A_Joke, I know you will not be alone in thinking this. I really do hope that it all works out for you!

@Chloe_Scope If it goes through with No hickup then fine I will take it, but if it goes wrong I can be free of ESA,JSA or UC letters.

One thing I have learnt being poor is living on the bear minimum of of money. I have got my gas and electric down to less than £60 per quarter food a £1 max per day. I always save the penny's.

I don't have to pay for a TV licence as I don't watch TV. If it come to the worst I will make it work one way or another.

Looking on the brighter side I will be poorer that's for sure? but FREE of brown envolopes and constant assessments.

I have 9 and a bit years left till my PIP runs out and or have a light touch review is due and hopefully by this time I will be at peace.

⬇️

• susan48
    I hope you get the award without the face to face, good luck @Governments_A_Joke
    edited August 2018
    susan48 said:
    I hope you get the award without the face to face, good luck @Governments_A_Joke

@susan48 Thank you...like I also said to @Chloe_Scope as I say now I really am not gonna let these fools worry me now or destroy me any further than they already have. I've always been in control of my life and at the moment I'm not or never will because of this it what it's now become the DWP are controlling me. 

Sorry to say they can sove it now as far as far as I'm concerned, I'm done running through all their hoops to prove I've knackered.

This is my last wish and I will be free by the end of this year and rid of this mind fking episode (sorry for the language) I will never be well again and the DWP know full well I will never improve or have a cure and may well die on the streets eventually that's for sure, but I will take each day and make it count. But most of all be FREE and be in control of my destiny.
    ⬇️

• susan48
    @Governments_A_Joke, i totally understand how this “process “ effects you. If I didn’t have a small mortgage then I’d not be beholden to the DWP. I worked for 30 years and now need the help of the government I paid into but made to beg for it. 
    If Iv to go through the whole assessment, f2f etc again for either PIP or ESA I don’t think I will get through it either. Id lose my flat and be homeless again. 
    Sorry this isn’t about me.
    I hope whoever reads your form and file is sensitive and understanding.

Take Care 
    edited August 2018
    @susan48 it's okay for you to share in this thread I'm venting my anger surrounding all this rubbish you welcome to do the same.

like you I've paid many thousands into this system had my own business etc.
    ive said on another thread I made on here. 

And I quoted being rich is just as easy loose as loosing everything and end up poor you just don't know when it will strike you down.

Ive had loads of money a mortgage and never wanted for nothing, oh how wrong and things can and boy it did change in the blink of an eye as it has done for me now.

Now being and feeling worthless, Penny less, disabled in many ways, and now just had enough of being dictated to by this lot, many of us have worked and done well and sadly fallen on hard times.

⬇️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.