DLA evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA evidence

Bobcon
Bobcon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I have been waiting for DWP to send my evidence of DLA I received a letter a few days ago stating that they can’t find my file!! This is soul destroying, has anyone else encountered this problem. They have given me extra time to find my own evidence, I have a meeting today with Chaps to get help in filling out my PIP form

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Quick tip, DLA is paid into a bank account. If you are online and do online banking, access your account, scroll back as far as possible to find your DLA payments. Note how much, and then work forward to how much your DLA is now, that will give you (1) an indication of when your DLA started, and what level of personal care and mobility was. If DWP have lost your records for DLA they must have the a paper (physical) file copy somewhere, unless your original claim was over 7 plus years ago. They are on a hiding to nothing, if they cannot find your records, as they cannot balance your previous health conditions against your current health conditions. 

(Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to!)
  • Bobcon
    I have the original award letter from 1992, so I can prove it. Not to say they will though?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn't know that the DLA file and the evidence contained in it would be relevant for the PIP claim.

• Bobcon
    Thanks I still have the pip1 form, I’ll check it our.Twice I called for my DLA evidence but I rember clearly all that happened with my first  award and the Doctor who carried out my examination. I got help from a Community advocacy yesterday and they were most helpful, they assisted me with my application and if i have to get M R they will assist again also if it goes to Tribunal they will come with me. Thanks again for your impute, this is so stressful I’ll be glad when it’s over 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    On my conversion I made the telephone call and during it I was never asked about my DLA file. Likewise a PIP1 form was not included with the PIP2.
    Consequently it is only now that I find that I should have been asked if I wanted the DLA file to be obtained and should have received details of what was said over the telephone.

Incidentally I read something recently that the poor claimant can be penalised for not obtaining the DLA file him/herself and then presenting the contents/evidence to the DWP in respect of the PIP claim. It should not be expected that the DWP would do this for the claimant.

Seems wrong to me if that is happening as the evidence/file is already in the possession of the DWP
  • Bobcon
    I was asked on the telephone if I wanted them to open my file, only to be told later that they can’t find it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.