Cue Cards in the workplace? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cue Cards in the workplace?

saxgirl
saxgirl Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hi, please send me any positive experiences you have had using cue cards in the workplace if you are disabled, I would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @saxgirl, sorry to see that you've not had any responses to this! Would you perhaps like to tell us about your own experiences? 
  • Smileygotwell
    Smileygotwell Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi @saxgirl, I can only talk of my own experiences here which may not be quite what you wanted but as a head injured multiple r.t.a. injuries guy I with a cataclysmic memory problem, my roles as a workshop technician, for school advisor teachers, then for secondary schools and now for an art gallery workshop have all required one thing around which to work; constancy. Constant locations and  constant methods. Clear indications as to where things 'lived', logical grouping of things relative to their uses etc. At the education development centre we loaned 'bundles' of related tools and materials to schools to enable particular teaching tasks; this was at the time of the 'National Curriculum' enforcement on primary schools at a time they had little experience or facilities for science and technology, so I created a large board with all the bundles listed and tags to say which school had what. It seemed to work well.
    Alas, I wish I could apply the same organisation to my home as I did for the workshops I looked after as they were all tidy and efficient whereas my home is a shameful state. 
    My largest problem now is that, working voluntariy I only do half a day p.w. at the gallery, meaning usually I am faced with a session of simply putting it all away again. Thankfully, this just might improve as the person who I work directly under may share a similar desire for tidiness as I do !
    what are your experiences, @saxgirl? Is this of any relevance to your enquiry, heh!?
  • saxgirl
    Yes Thankyou for your reply, some of my cue cards have worked well, some of them have been criticised in terms of time management
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    What sort of cue cards do you use and how do they help you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • saxgirl
    Small laminated cards on a key ring and photos
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @saxgirl What do you have on the cue cards? Do you find it helps?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • saxgirl
    Instructions and rooms and equipment etc, yes it really helps me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.