Can I requalify for contributions based ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I requalify for contributions based ESA?

Options
cldcp00
cldcp00 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi 
I have been on CB ESA (Support Group) since Nov 2015 and have recently been moved to WRAG which I understand ends after 365 days which will be June 2019. I am amazed that i have been moved to WRAG as my condition has not improved since 2015. I have had a MR and got my MP involved but the DWP will not change its decision. Falling an appeal I will not have ESA after the 365 days.

I have been told that if my condition is the same or got worse I can make a new claim 12 weeks after my ESA has ended, but this dependant on my NI contributions over my last 2 years which I do not understand.

I have logged on and checked my NI record. I have a total of 43 years of full contributions.
and detail of my last 5 years below.

Could someone tell me whether my NI contributions will allow me to put a new claim 12 weeks after it has ended in June 2019.

Thank You in advance for any help

2018-19

Your record for this year is not available yet

2017-18

Full year

You have contributions from

National Insurance credits: 52 weeks

These may have been added to your record if you were ill/disabled, unemployed, caring for someone full-time or on jury service.

2016-17

Full year

National Insurance credits: 52 weeks

These may have been added to your record if you were ill/disabled, unemployed, caring for someone full-time or on jury service.

2015-16

Full year

Paid employment: £783.96          National Insurance credits: 30 weeks

2014-15

Full year

Paid employment: £2,399.27

2013-14

Full year

Paid employment: £2,253.18

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

To qualify for CB based ESA you will need to meet both of the qualifying conditions. See here.

You will meet the 2nd condition because of your NI credits but you won't meet the 1st condition because you haven't worked since 2015, unfortunately.

You say your MR decision remained the same which isn't unusual because less than 20% of decisions change. Your next step is Tribunal and you have 28 days to request this. Tribunal waiting times are huge and some people are waiting several months and more, with some waiting 1 year for a hearing date. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cldcp00
    cldcp00 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    Just one more question so that I do not have anymore suprosers in the future. With my national insurance record, and my wife still working will I be able to claim CB JSA after my CB ESA stops in 365 days time?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The same rules apply to CB JSA as they do for CB ESA. To claim JSA then you have to be fit for work because you'll be signing the JSA agreement that you'll be fit for work. You won't be fit for work because you'll have recently claimed ESA. 

You need to concentrate on the Tribunal and your reasons for the Support Group applying to you. I'd advise getting further help with this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.