Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?

sunbeam
sunbeam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Anybody suffers from Polymialgia Rheumatica?Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam and a very warm welcome to the community! I will love your discussion in the hope of others being able to advise. In the meantime why not look around the community and get involved with anything that interests you :) Please do let me know if there is anything that I can do!
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunbeam, and welcome- great username!

You appear to be the first person to discuss Polymialgia Rheumatica on the community so far- would you perhaps like to tell us some more about your own experiences?
  • sunbeam
    sunbeam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Stat the moment I am not suffering too much as I am on medication. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this complaint?
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I don't have PR and never did, though it is one of the completely wrong diagnoses I've been given in the past, so I have done a bit of research. From what I remember speaking to another lady at the clinic who had it, once the meds kicked in she was a lot better and was managing well, but she had to keep taking them for a very long time.
  • dougal1
    dougal1 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi sunbeam, 
    Welcome ,I've suffered from polymyalga for a number of years, was on high dose of steroids and pain killer's it's in remission at mo, although I wake up with really sore shoulders, hope that help x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.