Esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Carolineo
Carolineo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
hi i currently on Esa support allowance for last 12 months  and middle rate pip for 3 years and have now received a health assessment form for Esa carnt understand why.  do I have to go for a medical once sent forms back ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They can re-assess you at anytime for ESA. There were new rules last year that certain people in the support group with certain conditions will no longer need to be re-assessed after the next time. Only certain conditions will get this and it won't apply to everyone.

The ESA50 form you have received must be filled in and returned no later than the date stated on the letter. Your PIP award has nothing to do with the ESA you claim and there's no middle rate of PIP, there's 2 rates, standard and enhanced. 

When returning the ESA form you should make sure that your evidence is sent with it because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. Expect another face 2 face work capability assessment as most have them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carolineo
    Carolineo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Yes sorry I on enhanced for pip 
    so shud I get a letter off my gp support worker an my other doctor who I’m under for mental health an my mother who is my career ? And what do I ask them to put plz I’m all new to this as I didn’t fill my forms in thanks? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Finding out the reasons you're in the Support Group will help and if they still apply then base your evidence on this. You can also contact your local CAB or other disability advice centre for help filling in the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.