When do you tell people you have cp? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When do you tell people you have cp?

Options
Creed5
Creed5 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I start college in a couple days time ,and people will know something is wrong with me and I was wondering do I tell people from the start or do I wait. Also do I come clean to my school mates whom some have moved on about my disability. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @melaniethorley can you help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • melaniethorley
    melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options

Good morning @Creed5. Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Ordinarily, I get an email alert when somebody posts a question but for some reason, the system had a glip and I did not receive the message until yesterday.

Hopefully you have settled in OK and the fact you have CP was not an issue for your classmates. Having CP is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, and I would also argue that you do not have 'something wrong with you'. You are just different.....and the fact that you are at college proves this. Good luck in your studies and let me know if there is anything I can assist with over the next few months...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.