My mobility part of PIP has been stopped — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My mobility part of PIP has been stopped

chinared
chinared Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My mobility part of pip has been stopped after three years I really can not understand why as my health has got worse and ive had  a face to face conisation which the dr only focussed on one of my illnesses but since I first applied for pip three years ago my health has worsened iam waiting to appeal but iam shocked at there decision and saddened due to my car being my life line and my freedom.Any body had a similar experience.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chinared
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. I haven't experienced this but other members of the community have been through the same or similar situation. I'm sure they will be more than happy to share their experiences with you and offer support. Please don't hesitate to ask us anything. All the best :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chinared   Pleased to meet you. Welcome.

Sorry what has happened. You need to appeal.  You need to know and look at our benefit advice on appeals and what you need to do.

In the letter that you should have received..  From the DWP.  Understand does say what you need to do.

Called a Mandatory Reconsideration.  If it helps contact CAB for advice and information..

I know many of our community have gone through similar experiences. You are not alone. This is very upsetting and distressing to lose your lifeline.

I know I am one as I have been dealt the same heavy blow.

All I can offer is my sympathy and hope you find the courage to try to move on.  Get the help and support you need. We as a community can advise and give what help we can.

Some one from our team will be in touch I hope. It is all very unsettling. Lots of anxiety.

I know with my loss of my car. Have been given an financial incentive by Motability. So have decided to take the money.  They will be in touch no doubt.. How long you have been on the scheme.?

Motability send you a booklet with a covering letter. Lots of ideas and information.

Have to admit to you and I am being honest. Understand will not be enough to cover any future car purchase.  Sorry to tell you that

My own personal circumstances got an award and standard rate. Have to use that for helping me around.  Extra money I did not have. I do a lot on line shopping. Can not use buses and will have to use taxis.

All I can say is we are a community here to listen and please ask anything.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @chinared,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP.

In terms of your appeal, we have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website which you might find useful.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!
    Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    chinared said:
    My mobility part of pip has been stopped after three years I really can not understand why as my health has got worse and ive had  a face to face conisation which the dr only focussed on one of my illnesses but since I first applied for pip three years ago my health has worsened iam waiting to appeal but iam shocked at there decision and saddened due to my car being my life line and my freedom.Any body had a similar experience.
    Thousand's have had the same happen including myself.
    Due to having to have three assessments/reassessments in the past 5 years I have had three Motability cars repossessed. Now I have nothing but my two legs that don't work that well.
  • chinared
    chinared Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you to those who took time out to write to me its very kind and dont feel so isolated now just going to appeal and hope common sense wins once again thank you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.